The School of Human Settlements partnered with the UN-HABITAT World Urban Campaign to organize an Urban Thinker Campus (UTC) over the theme ‘Systems for Liveable Cities’ on 8 November 2019
As part of the event, an experience sharing workshop was organized on ‘Sustainable Communities for Livable Bhubaneswar’. which focused on few ongoing interventions like Land Right Act, Nation Urban Livelihood Mission (NULM), Housing for All, and Child Friendly City which makes Bhubaneswar livable while addressing the need of various stakeholders in the urban communities such as slum dwellers, informal workers, women, children, old age and disabled.
- Mr Suresh Chandra Dalai, IAS, Mission Director Odisha Urban Housing Mission , delivered the keynote address.
Other speakers in the panel discussion were:
- Mr. Debrabrata Patra, Regional Manager, ActionAid India
- Mr. Sachikanta Pradhan, Secretary, The Humanity, Odisha
- Mr. Shishir Dash, Lead Urban Habitat, Tata Trust
- Ms. Arpita Patnaik, Executive Director, Humara Bachpan Trust, Bhubaneswar
- Mr. Subrata Dash, Managing Director, Urban Micro Business Centre
- Mr. Ananda Chandra Parida, General secretary, Kargil Nagar Basti and Project Coordinator, Urban Micro Business
- Ms. Soumya Misra, Centre for Advocacy Research, Bhubaneswar
- Mr. Maheswar Bal- Odisha State Unit, National association of Street Vendors of India and President Samaja Pratinidhi Sangh, Odisha;
- Ms. Ranjulata Mahapatra- President, Bhubaneswar Basti Unnayan Parisad
- Preeti Prada Panigrahi – India Programme Manager, Bernard van Leer Foundation
- Aadish Nargunde, IBI Group India Pvt Ltd.